Thursday, August 25, 2022, from 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM CDT
Join us for our upcoming Advantage Program event, in partnership with PMI Oklahoma City, for Virtual Professional Development Workshop: Moving to Mastery. Two back-to-back presentations are featured in this event are Managing Change as a Project Manager, with Jacqueline Dennis, and Emotional Intelligence in a Digital World, with Roy Brewer.
Both presentations are hosted on Zoom.
Managing Change as a Project Manager
Thursday, August 25, 2022, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT
This one-hour webinar will provide you with a quick overview of the key elements of organizational and people change management.
Change happens – and as project managers, we are considered the change agents. Project managers need to understand it and manage it as an integral part of their projects. Without appropriate change management, projects may produce the specified product, service, or result within the constraints of cost, schedule, and quality – but not the expected business results. The true success of a project is not only measured at the end of the project, but also at the end of its life cycle when the business case can be validated. This webinar will provide you with a quick overview of some of the key elements of organizational and people change management.
- Understanding change management will provide you with the following benefits:
- Knowing when and to what degree to include change management in your project
- The ability to communicate its urgency and need – and have sponsors include it in the project budget
- Finding and assigning competent change management experts on your projects
- Creating an environment that will be more receptive to the coming change
- Ensuring impactful communication strategies are in place that address all areas at risk
- The recognition as the project manager with the reputation of being able to draw deep business results
What You Will Learn:
- Assess the size and impact of change
- Understand the phases of change
- Identify the six risk factors of change
- Earn the commitment of change sponsor
- Identify the model for communication for effective change
Emotional Intelligence in a Digital World
Thursday, August 25, 2022, 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM CDT
What You Will Learn:
- Recognize how our use of technology contributes to cognitive overload
- Articulate what research suggests about how information addiction may lead to structural and functional changes in regions of the brain
- Identify physiological changes they can make to improve focus and attention
- Outline a three-pronged approach for building Emotional Intelligence
- List concrete ways to mitigate “virtual distance” on teams
This talk is presented by Roy Brewer. Roy is a Project, Program and Portfolio Management senior trainer and consultant with over thirty years of practical performance and extensive successful management experience. His project management, information technology, business analysis, organizational development, and strong leadership experiences highlight these skills obtained working with a variety of industries on complex projects. Roy has also outstanding communication, leadership, and presentation skills.