- IIL accepts submissions on any topic related to project management, leadership, business analysis, sustainability, Lean Six Sigma, Agile methodology, IT, IT security, and Microsoft, at a 600-word minimum length, for online publication.
- Lengthier articles will take longer to evaluate. We reserve the right to edit all submissions for clarity.
- Any article submitted to us must be original and exclusive to IIL. We will not consider article ideas, but only finished manuscripts.
- Prospective authors are required to disclose any actual or potential conflict of interest, including but not limited to any financial interest in any product, firm, or commercial venture relevant to their submission. Failure to do so will result in not publishing the article.
- We evaluate submissions for their news value, timeliness, credibility and readability. The article should be based on the knowledge and experience of the author but should use examples, sources and any other reporting that will make the point in a professional and credible manner. Supporting data may be appropriate (we publish graphics and tables), and sources must be properly identified.
- Do not use the IIL blog as a sales or self-promotional tool. We do not publish articles that promote the author’s company, products or services.
- We are open to receiving a number of formats, including but not limited to: articles blogs, infographics, reports, videos and market commentary.
Please, allow us five business days (i.e., excluding weekends and holidays) for us to review your work. Our staff edits all articles. Editors will contact authors when questions arise during the editing process. Authors will be given the opportunity to review the edited version before it is published
General tips to keep readers engaged:
- Write clear, to-the-point headlines. E.g. 3 Steps to winning Customer Loyalty
- Use sub headers and bulleted or numbered lists for easy skimming
- Provide links to related information
- Stick to the point
- Use a conversational tone and avoid jargon
- Provide valuable, relevant information
Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.